Overall Integrated Experience
- 44+ Central steam and chilled water plants
500 to 17,000 ton cooling capacity
25,000 to 1,000,000 lbs./hr. steam generation capacity
- 125 + Miles of distribution systems for steam, condensate, chilled water and high temperature hot water
- 18 CHP Plants using Co-generation technology from 0.5 MW to 11 MW
- 16 CHP Plants using Waste-to-Energy technology from 50 TPD to 1,500 TPD
- Air emission remediation and retrofit
Large district systems such as GSA-HOTD Washington DC, Nashville DHC, Cleveland DHC, Detroit DHC, Boston DHC, San Francisco DHC, TVA and U.S. Army, to smaller-sized communities such as Hamilton, OH, Gallatin, TN, Western Kentucky University and Berea, KY
Economic Studies and Rate Studies
- Capital and operating cost analysis/budgeting; demand & supply side
- Economic comparison of alternatives (cost/benefit)
- Energy Audit and Cost of Service Analysis
- Cost comparison studies, central plant facilities vs. decentralized cost of service
- Economic and technical review for third party financing of facilities
- Energy contract development, preparation and negotiations
System Design Concept Alternatives
- Central chilled water systems involving conventional and non-conventional technologies and prime-movers, including back pressure and condensing steam turbines, combustion turbines, reciprocating engines, electric motors, etc.
- Conventional and non-conventional variations of thermal cycles for optimization of system efficiency for steam production and dispatch.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) and adaptation of co-generation alternatives to existing central heating and cooling plants.
Distribution System Experience
- Tunnel systems, direct buried systems and above-grade systems
- Low, medium and high-pressure steam and condensate piping systems
- High temperature hot water systems
- Chilled water systems
- Piping system stress and network hydraulic analysis programs
- Integration of DHC distribution with plant process and final user
Interface Between Distribution System and Building Uses
- Hydraulic analysis – high rise vs. low rise, decoupled systems
- Control system and equipment selection for variable and constant flow systems
- Custody transfer, BTU metering of chilled water, hot water and steam
- Coordinating and troubleshooting existing system interface
Environmental, Regulatory and Permitting
- Analysis and permitting of fossil fuel plants for Title V compliance
- Analysis and permitting of waste-to-energy plants, hospital waste incinerators and emission retrofit system for Clean Air Act Compliance
- Analysis and permitting for renewable solid fuels
Operations and Maintenance Experience
- Providing day-to-day support in the operation and maintenance of many of our largest nationally recognized central district, CHP and WTE plant clients enables us to incorporate hands-on experience into the design of facilities to maximize reliability and operability while reducing operating and maintenance cost.
- New facilities commissioning, start-up and training support services are enhanced as a result of our extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of large central utility plants, DHC plants, CHP plants and WTE facilities.